Affordable Care Act
ASA Statement of Principles Regarding the ACA
The Affordable Care Act is the most sweeping health care legislation in decades. It aims to give workers greater access to better coverage at more competitive prices, giving them more control over their work life, and increasing the mobility and competitiveness of the U.S. workforce.
While implementing the ACA presents challenges to staffing, recruiting, and workforce solutions firms, the industry is committed to compliance with the law. To that end, ASA members commit to the following principles:
- We will comply with the law, both in letter and in spirit, and are committed to the legal and ethical management of our workforces pursuant to its provisions.
- We will use our expertise and experience to help clients address the new demands of the law and understand the nature and extent of the additional staffing costs they will incur.
- We will work diligently to help our clients implement legitimate workforce strategies and will not participate in practices that violate the law’s intent.
- We will communicate to our employees both their new opportunities and their new obligations under the employer and individual mandates.
- We will continue to work with the government and other stakeholders as a proactive, constructive partner as the regulatory process moves forward.
America’s staffing, recruiting, and workforce solutions companies match millions of people to millions of jobs every day—about 3 million per day, and 11 million per year. U.S. businesses turn to these firms to fill workforce gaps, to augment their own staff, and to find new employees.